Sunday 11 January 2015

A moment in time that was both painful but wonderful.

Hello beautiful people.

This morning Mini me found a book that my Mom had given me a long time ago called "Forever My Daughter" it is a beautiful book, full of things that a mother would like to say to her daughter. Mom wrote a note to me in the front of the book, saying that maybe I could read the book to my daughter one day. What I am sure she would never of expected was my daughter (age 5) would read it to me perfectly. I am so proud of Mini me. She reads so well.

These are some of the parts of the book that really touched my heart.

Dearest Daughter - 
we were wonder-struck when 
we first saw your face,
first held your tiny hands.
we did not know that moment
was only the beginning of wonders.
you have become more
than even we ever dreamed 

~

I keep all the photographs
of you - as if I could hold on
to all the different yous -
The baby, the toddler,
the teenager.
But they don't really matter,
not that much,
because you are all of them -
and every time 
I see you I think
"This is the best time"
~

I am so very ordinary.
How then did I produce 
a girl like you? 
So beautiful, so clever
and so kind.

I say that last one about Mini me all the time.

To hear my little one saying to me, the things my Mom wanted to say, made me miss Mom so much. I hope she was looking down on us and smiling. 

Mini me is so much like my Mom. She has her eyes and a lot of her other mannerisms.  Like talking with her hands, Mom used to have a "bum wiggle" when she walks and Mini me does the same. Mini me also get her intelligence from Mom and also from Hubby.  

Let me tell you all the story of Mini me's eye colour. She had blue eyes up until the night we lost Mom. The next morning Mini me woke up with green/ brown eyes, the exact same colour as mom's. we could not believe it, we looked on loads of photos with Mom in to check that the colour was right and it was a perfect match. My baby was given such a beautiful gift from my Mom. I have to say it's hard telling Mini me off sometimes as my Mom is looking back at me.

Time to say good night sweet dreams to you all.

May angels watch over you always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment